Junior Full Stack Developer
An exciting entry level role into web development!
SCROLL DOWN TO APPLY
Verse are a vibrant team with a focus on research-driven design and user experience supported by outstanding technical capability. We’re looking for a Junior Full Stack Developer to join our growing team.
We are lucky enough to work with some household names and as a Full Stack Developer you will be responsible for bringing their digital experiences to life, everything from basic landing pages right through to huge international e-commerce solutions.
You should bring an eye for detail, a willingness to learn as well as being self-motivated to streamline process and add real value to the role in Verse.
We are looking for a Junior Full Stack Developer to work within an agency environment. You will be a team player with a solutions-based approach. You will be bang up to date with the latest industry developments and be a stickler for abiding by coding standards and best practices.
We want you to be able to see the bigger picture, not just your immediate task list in front of you to ensure projects are running smoothly, proactively looking to innovate, streamline process and push the boundaries for both Verse and our clients alike.
We are an agile team that is rapidly expanding. For you, this means there is the opportunity to make the role your own and really grow with us!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build of industry-leading websites and digital experiences.
- Creating sites into HTML from designs and setting them up within CMS platforms
- Front End and Back End Innovation, Keeping up to date with latest developments in the industry and applying this to client work. Constantly looking for better ways to do things.
- Following Front End and Back End process across your given projects, ensuring coding standards and best practices are maintained
- Ensuring all development work is fully tested before client review.
- Liaising with the Senior Fully Stacked Developer to give progress updates and escalating any issues.
Skills & Experience
- An understanding of software design and architecture.
- Appreciation for clean and readable code.
- Familiarity with build tools / task runners (Webpack, etc.)
- A great working knowledge of HTML, CSS3 & SASS
- Familiarity with templating languages
- Experience working with Photoshop / Sketch
- Experienced in GIT and version control systems
- Experience with PHP based CMSs desired
- Strong team player who has the ability to use their initiative and self-manage.
- A passion for knowledge with a strong desire to learn and deploy new skills.
- Accessibility best practices
- PHP experience useful
- Experience with agile working methodologies
- Experience of using project management software and tools – (ASANA and or Jira desirable)
- TWIG templating
- API Integration/ development
- XML, creating, extracting data and manipulation.
- iQuery +JQueryUI and Angular JS
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and the importance of ensuring this is fully considered from the onset of a project.
What We Are Offering
Salary - £16,100 - £20,000 per annum.
But that’s not all, we also have some lovely perks:
* Holiday allowance - 33 days including Bank Holidays
* Workplace pension scheme
* Impressive wellbeing package including access to a GP, healthcare cash plan, confidential helpline, free initial legal advice...
* Free tea and coffee, sometimes biscuits….
* Lots of discounts at restaurants, shops and experiences.
* Company provided Christmas & Summer party
* (Bi-)Monthly team social night
* £100 headphones budget once probation period is completed
Location - Kendal.
Type - Full time - 8:30 to 17:00 with 1 hour for lunch
Monday to Friday total 37.5 hours a week. Part time considered.
Closing date is midnight on Sunday 1, March 2020. Telephone interviews will be on 3 & 4 March and face to face interviews will be on 11, 12 & 13 March 2020. Please pencil these dates into your diary now.
Good luck with your application!