Verse are looking for an enthusiastic, talented, research-driven Junior UX designer with a meticulous eye for detail and a level of creativity that sets you out from the rest.
Based in Kendal in the Lakes, you will be working across multiple brands and you will be expected to aid with the development of UX across the board. You will have a solid understanding of UX design, prototyping, UI and user testing as well as being proficient in the use of the sketch, adobe creative suite and Invision. You should have a meticulous eye for detail and be able to work well under pressure, ensuring the highest standards are consistently achieved.
Roles and responsibilities
- Have a solid knowledge of UX and UI principles
- Fully understand and deliver our internal design and research processes alongside your peers from inception through to final go-live
- Conduct research and evaluate user needs
- Help the design team facilitate workshops and testing
- Develop personas, gather insights and create user flows, intuitive wireframes and prototypes to satisfy and simplify customer journeys
- Define interactions and transitions to support your workings
- Develop layouts/designs that support devised wireframes/templates
- Work collaboratively with the wider design team on a range of UX and design tasks
- Be able to demonstrate & communicate UX methodology to clients to support concepts and to your peers
- Be able to travel and visit clients throughout the UK to present work
Skills and Experience
- Educated to a relevant Design / UX level
- 1+ year(s) experience in a UX design position
- Excellent understanding of Sketch and Adobe CS (Adobe XD desirable)
- Excellent understanding of prototyping tools (Invision advantageous)
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects/tasks
- Understanding of HTML and CSS advantageous
- Good understanding of user centred design, insights/research, user flows and testing
- Ability to keep up to date with new trends/developments in design and UX
- Must be able to demonstrate your previous, high-level workings through a solid project portfolio
- Must be enthusiastic and have a desire to learn and develop
The salary for this role is £15,000-£19,000 based on experience. Verse employees also benefit from a number of team-focused activities, such as our summer & winter parties, along with entry into the company contribution pension scheme, and this is further supported by a number of additional perks & benefits.
We generally require working hours of 08:30 to 17:00 (or 09:00 to 17:30), Monday-Friday, with the allowance for an hour for lunch.
This position is expected to be full time to work 37.5 hours a week over 5 days. Based in our head office in Kendal. Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £15,000.00 to £19,000.00 /year