Full Stack Developer
An exciting opportunity to join our Development team.
Scroll down to apply.
Verse are a vibrant team with a focus on research-driven design and user experience supported by outstanding technical capability. We’re looking for an accomplished Full Stack Developer to join our growing team.
The Full Stack Developer will be responsible for bringing digital experiences to life, everything from basic landing pages right through to huge international e-commerce solutions.
You should bring an eye for detail, a willingness to learn as well as being self-motivated to streamline process and add real value to the role in Verse.
We are looking for a Developer who has a track record of successfully delivering development projects within an agency environment. You will be a team player with a solutions-based approach. You will be bang up to date with latest industry developments and be a stickler for abiding by coding standards and best practices.
We want you to be able to see the bigger picture, not just your immediate task list in front of you to ensure projects are running smoothly, proactively looking to innovate, streamline process and push the boundaries for both Verse and our clients alike.
We are an agile team that is rapidly expanding. For you, this means there is the opportunity to make the role your own and really grow with us!
Role and responsibilities
- Build of industry-leading websites and digital experiences.
- Creating sites into HTML from designs and setting them up within Craft /EE /react
- Innovation, Keeping up to date with the latest developments in the industry and applying this to client work. Constantly looking for better ways to do things.
- Championing process across the team, ensuring coding standards and best practices are followed
- Ensuring all development work is fully tested before client review.
- Liaising with the management team to give progress updates and escalating any issues.
- Managing other resources to ensure the team is hitting wider client deadlines.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required
Skills and experience
- A proven track record in web development
- A great working knowledge of HTML, CSS & SASS
- Well versed in TWIG templating
- Experience in either Photoshop / Sketch
- Experienced in GIT and version control systems
- Experienced in TeamCity deployment
- Experience with Craft & React essential
- Strong team player who has the ability to use their initiative and self-manage.
- A passion for knowledge with a strong desire to learn and deploy new skills.
- PHP experience
- XML, creating, extracting data and manipulation.
- Demonstrable skills implementing responsive web design with HTML & CSS.
- jQuery + JQueryUI and Angular JS.
- Good understanding of Software design and architecture.
- Appreciation for clean and readable code.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Agile methodology
- API integration / development
- Accessibility best practices
- Experience with templating in Symfony useful
- Experience of using project management software and tools – (ASANA and or Trello desirable)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and the importance of ensuring this is fully considered from the onset of a project.
What we’re offering
£25,000 to £32,000 per annum.
But that’s not all, we also have some lovely perks:
* Holiday allowance - 33 days including Bank Holidays
* Workplace pension scheme
* Impressive wellbeing package including access to a GP, healthcare cash plan, confidential helpline, free initial legal advice...
* Free tea and coffee, sometimes biscuits….
* Lots of discounts at restaurants, shops and experiences.
* Company provided Christmas & Summer party
* (Bi-)Monthly team social night
* £100 headphones budget once probation period is completed
Birmingham or Kendal. Remote considered with in-person meetings at either office. There is a requirement to travel with this role to meet with clients on occasion.
Full time - 8:30 to 17:00 with 1 hour for lunch
Monday to Friday total 37.5 hours a week. Part time considered.
Closing date is midnight on Sunday 1, March 2020. Telephone interviews will be on 3 & 4 March and face to face interviews will be on 11, 12 & 13 March 2020. Please pencil these dates into your diary now.
Good luck with your application!