Verse are a vibrant team with a focus on research-driven design and user experience supported by outstanding technical capability. We’re looking for an accomplished Front End Developer to join our growing team. We are lucky enough to work with some household names and as a Front End Developer you will be responsible for bringing their digital experiences to life, everything from basic landing pages right through to huge international e-commerce solutions.
We are looking for a Developer who has a track record of successfully delivering development projects within an agency environment. You will be a team player with a solutions-based approach. You will be bang up to date with the latest industry developments and be a stickler for abiding by coding standards and best practices.
We want you to be able to see the bigger picture, not just your immediate task list in front of you to ensure projects are running smoothly, proactively looking to innovate, streamline process and push the boundaries for both Verse and our clients alike.
We are an agile team that is rapidly expanding. For you, this means there is the opportunity to make the role your own and really grow with us!
Role and responsibilities
- Build of industry-leading websites and digital experiences.
- Creating sites into HTML from designs and setting them up within CraftCMS
- Front-end Innovation, Keeping up to date with the latest developments in the industry and applying this to client work. Constantly looking for better ways to do things.
- Championing Front-end process across your given projects, ensuring coding standards and best practices are followed
- Ensuring all development work is fully tested before client review.
- Liaising with the management team to give progress updates and escalating any issues.
Skills and experience
- At least 3 years web development experience
- Familiarity with build tools / task runners (Webpack, etc.)
- A great working knowledge of HTML, CSS3 & SASS
- Well versed in TWIG templating
- Experience in either Photoshop / Sketch
- Experienced in GIT and version control systems
- Experience with CraftCMS essential
- Strong team player who has the ability to use their initiative and self-manage.
- A passion for knowledge with a strong desire to learn and deploy new skills.
- PHP experience useful
- Experience with agile working methodologies
- Experience of using project management software and tools – (ASANA and or Trello desirable)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and the importance of ensuring this is fully considered from the onset of a project.
Hour and pay
This position is expected to be full time to work 37.5 hours a week over 5 days. Based at our office in Birmingham.
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year